How to Neutralize Negative Thoughts

Negative thoughts are the enemies of victorious life. Since our life is very much determined by our mind, our thoughts can make or break our life. Negative thoughts will distract your focus from the important and drain your energy. At the end, you will no longer have the ingredients necessary for success. Knowing how to overcome negative thoughts may make the difference between victory and defeat.

Here are 13 tips to neutralize bad thoughts, hence that you cannot stop them, they will keep on coming!…

1. Do not feed or entertain those thoughts.
  2. Shift your focus into something else.
  3. Negative thoughts are deceitful, don’t rely on them.
  4. Even if it comes, do not confess it.
  5. Rebuke it.
  6. Cut off negativity around you, meaning what you are exposing yourself.
  7. Feed yourself with God’s word and spiritual messages.
  8. Read positive and successful quotes, they will help in your inner confidence and allow you to use your brain.
  9. Challenge your bad thoughts by confessing the opposite. (There is Power in your words).
  10.  Get rid of your bin!…Perhaps those thoughts have a root and are stored in our “Trash”.
  11. Yes I can!..that’s your motto!..Believe in yourself.
  12. Get physical!..Try to get out of your own world! Make exercise, do something you are passionate about..”Empty mind office for the devil”.
  13. Live by faith!…The assurance of what you don’t see or feel, rather the certainty that no matter what you will overcome. 90% of times negative thoughts are neutralized when you ignore what you see, feel and sometimes your surroundings.

Can you add something more to the list?

This entry was posted in Negativity and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to How to Neutralize Negative Thoughts

1. sharon shepherd says:

thanks so much that blog just helped reinforce what I am learning from GOD
    also I now try to picture things which is to Believe in things before I see it and it works God bless

2. Tamika says:

Pr. Elijah,
    I agree with the post, many people give in to their thoughts because they entertain them, we can overcome them with doing everything that was listed. My addition to the list is:
    • Keep yourself busy with the things of God
    • Watching your friendships (Making sure that no negative people are around you)

Tamika (South London)

Hi Tamika, thanks to add in the comments. I completely agree with you. Some “friends” are just a stumbling block. We need to choose them wisely.

3. Neide (Brixton- UK) says:

Negative thoughts was a big stumbling block in my spirirual life but by literally doing man of those tips I was able to overcome them. However, the true secret is to truly want to change your thoughts. If you do not want none of the tips will work.

4. I think this is among the most important info for me. And i am glad reading your article. But want to remark on some general things, The site style is perfect, the articles is really great : D. Good job, cheers

Dear Meble Szkolne,

Sorry for the delay to answer, but I received this message as Spam. Thanks very much for your comment, and I hope you can subscribe it to keep up to date with new Posts. Kind Regards.

5. Excellent read. I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. He actually bought me lunch because I found it for him! So let me rephrase: Thanks for lunch!

Dear Lanie Goshorn,

Hop you can get more lunches!…Thanks for your comment.
      Hope you can keep being inspired. You should consider subscribe the blog to get updated on new posts.
      Regards.