The Greatest Deceiver

I have heard many times people saying: Always follow your heart….However let me say to you: Don’t do it!…

Let me give you some reasons why:

The heart is the source and fountain of the emotions, and therefore very unreliable.

The heart is not a good counselor, because it’s “Voice” makes one fulfill it’s cravings.

The heart doesn’t think.

The heart’s desires blinds the truth and what is reasonable.

The heart is corrupted with pride, malice and hatred.

Do you still want to follow him?

Give a glance to the following counseling:

Jeremiah 17:9

“The heart is deceitful above all things,
And desperately wicked;
Who can know it?

This entry was posted in Emotions, Spiritual Guidance and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Greatest Deceiver

1. sharon shepherd says:

this is so true at first i didnt understand this verse but now I do,
    and agree it is so wicked and feels even what does not exist
    it can only be used to love others but should be ignored for anything else,
    it is untrust worthy thanks pastor, miss sharon plaistow

Dear Sharon,

Thanks for your comment. Please share the link on your facebook so that others may see it. God bless and regards from all of us.

W

2. beepee says:

So very True…

3. Joy says:

Very true!!!!

4. Luisa,oxford says:

Bom falar do coracao hoje sei que nao devo seguir o meu coracao,mas antes eu seguia o que meu coracao me dizia,e claro pastor ja sabe o que vou dizer os resultados nao foram nada bons,quantas musicas temos a falar do coracao;segue o que o teu coracao diz,hoje agradeco ao meu Deus por me trazer ate a iurd e saber a verdade.Forte muito forte Deus o abencoe.

5. Carlos - London says:

I agree pastor, today i’ve learned to don’t follow my heart any more, emotions always bring negatives results! It’s danger because devil can use our emotions easily, to make us take wrong way.

6. Jacqueline says:

Pastor I awoke early this morning with revolt inside me i began just seeking the Holy Spirit asking God to take out anything that is not from him as i continue my journey of Transfiguration focusing on the blesser and not the blessing. I also began to think about things that may distract me from focusing on God. My Husband sent me your blog which I read regarding emotions which I can sometimes suffer with but I am seeking the Helper and the Blesser to strip out anything that stops my focus so your article enlightened me very strong and too the point thank you God Bless

Jacqueline – Plaistow

Dear Jacqueline,

That’s exactly what we have to do. Faith is emotionless. You should subscribe the blog to get updated. God bless you.

7. Pingback: Godly Check Up | PASTOR ELIJAH'S BLOG

8. sdf says:

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your
    webpage? My website is in the exact same area of interest
    as yours and my users would really benefit from a lot of the information you provide here.

Please let me know if this okay with you. Thanks!