The next tip is about…
Perseverance is a day-by-day decision not to give up. In the end of the day that will define weather you succeed or you fail.
Some situations, feelings, and challenges can, over time, cause us to lose heart or lose our way. When we feel lost, overwhelmed, betrayed or exhausted, we need to know we have a choice for how we respond. Is to persevere a good remedy for some cases.
What is perseverance?
- Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
- Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
- Perseverance is trying again and again.
Proverbs and maxims:
- Failure is the path of least persistence.
- All things will come round to him who will but wait. (Longfellow)
- Only those who have the patience to do simple things perfectly will acquire the skill to do difficult things easily.
- Work hard and give it your best shot; never be a quitter. (Charley Taylor)
Put perseverance into action
- When something starts to bother you, wait as long as you can before you express frustration.
- When something doesn’t work right, try again and again.
- Don’t lose your temper when something upsets you.
- Always finish what you start.
- Keep working at something that is difficult until you complete it.
- Don’t give up on difficult jobs or situations.
- Focus on someone or something that ordinarily makes you lose your patience and try to understand it (and don’t “lose it”).
- Work a little harder or a few minutes longer on a task that you do not like.