Look what happens when the Holy Spirit comes inside of you.
The Message (MSG)
“You’ll be a stunning crown in the palm of God’s hand,
a jeweled gold cup held high in the hand of your God.
No more will anyone call you Rejected,
and your country will no more be called Ruined.
You’ll be called Hephzibah (My Delight),
and your land Beulah (Married),
Because God delights in you
and your land will be like a wedding celebration.
For as a young man marries his virgin bride,
so your builder marries you,
And as a bridegroom is happy in his bride,
so your God is happy with you.”
- A crown is a symbol of power and authority. A crown is often coveted by someone who is in competition striving for winning the price. It is beautiful, shining and full of great value. That is what this verse is saying about YOU. You… (Insert your name) will be a stunning crown in the palm of God’s hand. That means he would hold his palm out and SEE you… How awesome… of a thought. You will be like a jeweled gold cup held high in a place of honor and delighted by God.
- There will be no memories of the old life, of the rejections, deceptions, past hurts, etc…Your life will be rebuilt, even if it’s in ruins.
- The name Hephzibah or Hafzbah expresses a very clear idea. Since the same root hafz means “guarding” or “taking care of,” all words from this root suggest the idea of “safeguarding,” and therefore the name Hephzibah means not only someone who evokes delight, but also “one who is guarded,” a “protected one.”
- Beulah means “married.” When God changes a name in the Bible, it conveys transformation, a second chance, and a new beginning.
- You will be always enjoying,no matter of the circumstances. Marriage is a life transformation event, one of the greatest memories people have. The bride has now a provider, protector and carer.