“Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.”
Out of those 10 virgins 5 were prepared to meet the bridegroom, other 5 didn’t prepare themselves.
All of the 10 took their lamps, which represent what we have.
What do we have?
- We have our faith
- We have our works
- We have our character
- We have our testimony
- We have our conscience
They went out to meet the bridegroom – We must encounter with God in a daily basis and present what we have.
A bride has a special care with her body before getting married and in the same way we need to have this care in our spiritual life, so let’s analyze:
- Bath – To remove all the dirtiness and impurity. In the same way we should wash ourselves every day from things that can contaminate our spirit. E.g.Grudges, malice, judging, lies, pride, doubts,etc…
- Waxing – To take away what is ugly in the body. What can be ugly in our spirit? E.g: To shout, gossip, not be kind, impatience,etc…
- Make up – To look better and cover the skin imperfections. We can pretend that we are something that we aren’t. In church being someone and at home a different person. Sometimes people try to hide what’s inside, with lack of sincerity towards God.
- Hair – She does the hair and protects the hair with different kinds of products. The same way we need to protect our mind and what comes inside: e.g.Thoughts and fears.
- Lingerie – She prepares the moment of intimacy with her husband. No bride gets married and uses the same underwear that she wears everyday, because it is a special moment. With God is not different, if we do the same things, use the same language, entertaining the same thoughts, we will not have special moments with Him. We need to prepare ourselves to enjoy special moments with God and nothing and no one can interfere in this moment. ( The intimacy with God)
- Wedding Dress – Is the last thing she wears. And the dress can represent the Holy Spirit that only comes when we are cared, cleansed and treated inside.
The 5 foolish virgins weren’t prepared and therefore they were left out and couldn’t meet the groom (Lord Jesus).
Either we are part of the 5 wise or the 5 foolish!..Whom you are?
Collaboration of Ana Bacala.