3 Characteristics of Faith

The heroes of faith, overcame battles, challenges and went against the odds!…Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Elijah, Gideon, Daniel, David, etc…are just few of the all examples we have got in the Holy Scriptures. All of them had 3 things in common!…They were “Blind”, “Deaf” and “Numbed”. I’m not speaking physically wise rather spiritually.

Bear with me.

If you want to succeed you have to be just like that:

1st- Blind for the circumstances around you. When one wants to conquer something doesn’t matter the adversities, setbacks, etc…You just keep going. Please see the post of the Rule of faith.

2nd- Deaf for the negativity all around you, either by what people say or by the words that come to your mind, doubts, fears, etc…

3rd- Numbed to emotions and feelings. One has to live by faith, meaning, believing in the invisible so that the visible may come to pass.

Hebrews 11:32-34

New King James Version (NKJV)

32 And what more shall I say? For the time would fail me to tell of Gideon and Barak and Samson and Jephthah, also of David and Samuel and the prophets: 33 who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises,  stopped the mouths of lions, 34 quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

This entry was posted in Faith, Spiritual Guidance and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to 3 Characteristics of Faith

1. petia says:

So true the three characteristics are present in those who live by faith

2. Clara says:

Very strong, we always have to live in faith.

3. Beatrice emiku says:

Very strong, living by faith is letting God take over the driver seat.

4. Hellena says:

Yes pastor i agree with you i found that being myself includes taking risks with myself in my faith, on new behavior, trying new ways of being myself in my faith so that i can see who am i and want to be before god.

• Claudia knight says:

live by faith is beliving in is promise no matter what very strong .Thank you pastor

5. Alafair says:

Hi Pastor,
    I enjoy reading your blog :
    Although the message is an old one- it’s spot on and revelant today
    And as Bishop Macedo said last night 11.03.15
    FAITH is the secret of life!