Will He Stop For You?

Zaqueus

When we meditate upon Zacchaeus history, our mind is opened in a practical way to see the steps we have to make to have a true encounter with God!…

Luke 19

Jesus Comes to Zacchaeus’ House

19 Then Jesus entered and passed through Jericho. Now behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus who was a chief tax collector, and he was rich.

(Although he was rich and had a status by being a chief tax collector, he felt at a some point disgusted with his sinful life of stealing form others. He felt a sinner and decided that he needed God’s mercy!…If you don’t feel like that, unworthy, sinful, disgraced because of your sins then you will never know who God is!…This is the first step.)

And he sought to see who Jesus was, but could not because of the crowd, for he was of short stature.

(Many can’t have an encounter with God, exactly because they are following the crowd!…The religion, traditions, pride, self-sufficiency and self-righteousness!..They rather prefer to follow their own minds, cravings and desires. The second step is to let go of the things of this world and seek the things of God.)

So he ran ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see Him, for He was going to pass that way.

( Zacchaeus ran ahead the crowed and climbed the tree just to see Him, letting go of his pride, status or other people’s opinion!…And you? What are you running for?  For the material or spiritual? What do you want to see? Physical blessings or to be the Blessing? The third step is to have a burning desire to have an encounter with God. More than the air that you breath more than the food that you eat or the salary you receive!…)

And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up and saw him, and said to him,“Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house.”

(Jesus warned by the Holy Spirit, saw that the intention of that men was different from all those who were following him!…He was different from that crowd. He didn’t want any miracle he wanted Him!…Jesus sees the intention of our heart, our desire for him, our seeking, prayers, fasting and all sacrifices made to have a true encounter with God!…He sees the friends that one cut links with, the old like forsaken, the forgiveness towards others, the truthfulness, sincerity, purity and holiness!..That’s the forth step.)

So he made haste and came down, and received Him joyfully. But when they saw it, they all complained, saying, “He has gone to be a guest with a man who is a sinner.”

(Zacchaeus received Him joyfully, because now had an opportunity to make things right. Rejoice because He wants to stay in your “House” (Life) as well.That’s the fifth step.)

Then Zacchaeus stood and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord, I give half of my goods to the poor; and if I have taken anything from anyone by false accusation, I restore fourfold.”

( He decided without no one ask him, to let go, to sacrifice his old life. In other words he said to Jesus: “I recognize I have been selfish, self centered, greedy and materialistic, and as a form to show my surrender I will give to those who are in need. Jesus, I have been a thief all my life!..I harmed, damaged and strained many peoples life’s. I will stop with that immediately and restore fourfold.” That’s the six step. To sacrifice everything that is wrong, upright and sinful. To repent and turn away from your wicked ways.)

And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham; 10 for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost.”

( Only then Salvation come, because of the repentance and obviously the Holy Spirit will come and make us new creation.That’s the 7th step. It’s God’s part. Number 7 is the number of perfection!…God’s part never fails…the question is: Are we doing the previous 6?

If the answer is yes, so don’t worry, He will stop to you Mr/Mrs, Master/Miss…. Zacchaeus!…)

He will not stop for you if you don’t “stop” for Him!…

This entry was posted in Encounter with God and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Will He Stop For You?

1. It’s true… To have a true encounter with God and achieve Salvation, we must sacrifice our lives and make Him our priority. A very strong message! God bless you.

Dear Paula,

Thanks for your comment. That’s our mission isnt’t it? To lead others to have this encounter with God. God bless you. I’m following your blog as well.
      By the way keep in the faith, knowing that God knows the best for us.
      Pr.Elijah-UK

2. Beatrice Luton says:

Dear Pastor, very strong message, He must be at the centre of our lives and be our priority, Indeed ‘He will not stop for us if we don’t “stop” for Him!…’

3. Sally Kimondo says:

Dear Pastor Elijah!
    Thank you for sharing this message of having an encounter with God, it’s very strong!
    I have learnt before when I focused on materials things in the past I struggled to get them and more so, my spiritual life was cold!
    I put on a brave face but as you mentioned God sees our heart and intentions!
    But the day I decided to make the decision and open my heart, desire to have the Holy Spirit! I realised the things of this world are vanity and what amazes me things I used to struggle to achieve, I don’t struggle a lot!
    I continue to learn that salvation is the key aspect of our lives and more importantly I needs to continue to sacrifice! No matter the situation or circumstances or obstacles! I am more focused to please my God! By denying myself to follow Him!

4. Hellena Gusinyu says:

This message is very strong, when i read it what strike me the initial meeting between Jesus and Zaccheaus.I can just imagine the reaction of the crowd as they see this relationship develop between Zaccheaus and Jesus.Zaccheaus stopped for Jesus by climbing the tree, his short legs carried him to the spot.It is the same with our lives no matter what we go through but if we stop for jesus he will stop and build a relationship like what he did to Zaccheaus.I have experienced the seeking power of Jesus as i stopped waiting for him to come into my life and he has changed me.

Dear Hellena,

It’s amazing to see how merciful God is towards us. Let’s keep on investing in this relationship with God. Most certainly the fruits will come.
      God Bless you.

5. carla goncalves says:

Ola Pastor.
    Obrigada por compartilhar esta mensagem eu vejo me como Zacarias quando entrei para a igreja eu só queria resolver os meus problemas físicos e estava longe de ver realmente o que Deus tinha pra me dar …Um tesouro que nada nem ninguém pode comprar porque não tem preco a salvação.
    No dia que realmente eu encontrei esse Tesouro eu vi que fui tola porque procurei as coisas erradas .
    Hoje digo bendito o dia em que eu entreguei a minha vida pra Deus a minha vida mudou as coisas que eu lutava com a forca do meu braco foram adicionadas por Ele porque eu Lhe pus o primeiro da minha vida o meu maior Tesouro!

6. Yetunde Omoniyi says:

I’ve realised that it’s not just coming to the Church, or doing special purposes for the Holy Spirit, everything starts with intention and how we do, are we giving always our best FOR the Holy Spirit Himself. This is for me,