In this message we will go trough the character of a true servant of God!…Let me introduce you Hannah!…
What do we know about Hannah?
- She was married with a priest
- She was barren
- She used to go early to God’s house to worship and sacrifice
- She was provoked severely by the other wife Peninnah
- Her husband would love her above the other wife and children
- She made a vow to God
Now give a glance below:
1 Samuel 1
9 So Hannah arose after they had finished eating and drinking in Shiloh. Now Eli the priest was sitting on the seat by the doorpost of the tabernacle of the Lord. 10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed to theLord and wept in anguish. 11 Then she made a vow and said, “O Lord of hosts, if You will indeed look on the affliction of Your maidservant and remember me, and not forget Your maidservant, but will give Your maidservant a male child, then I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and no razor shall come upon his head.”
What stands up?
Yeah, that’s absolutely right!..The word Your maidservant!…
Now how could she serve God, if she would go to the temple once a year?
7 So it was, year by year, when she went up to the house of the Lord,(…)
She served God with her character:
- In spite of being barren she never left or abandoned her faith in God
- She would not answer the provocations of her rival Peninnah
- She was loved by her husband because she was a women with gentleness, peace and self-control
- She didn’t get angry with the priest because he told her she was drunk
- Her tone of voice was gentle and respectful
Indeed she was a different women, with a Godly fearful character. She was a true servant of God.
Serving God it’s not just when one goes to church or is involved in doing something regarding the work of God. It’s to be of God in your character and showing to others trough your conduct.
Collaboration of Ana Bacala