Keep Spraying

Spray Perfume

Why do we men and women, wear perfume and put on cologne?  It’s so that we can smell attractive.

But why is it a daily routine, and why do some of us women even keep perfume in our bag to spray on throughout the day? Because the scent doesn’t last. In order to exude a sweet odour for the hours that we’re not at home, we need to be spray ourselves frequently. You can’t say that just because you’re wearing perfume today, you won’t need it tomorrow.

This is the same with the Holy Spirit. When we receive Him, we have that beautiful fragrant oil of His anointing, which everybody can smell. The difference in us is now evident to all, and we give off a fragrance that makes people want to be near us. Our life is a testimony because of this sweet smelling oil (the Holy Spirit).

But just as the scent can fade, the Holy Spirit will dry out if we don’t feed Him. We need to continuously be seeking to renew ourselves. If we’ve stopped smelling, how can this perfume rub off on others if there’s nothing left?

We need to replenish our supply of His Spirit daily, whether it’s to carry on spraying or to buy a new bottle if needs be. We need to be seeking and renewing ourselves. It’s entirely up to you whether you choose to let the fragrance dry out, or if you keep spraying it on so you continue to smell, and for that fragrance to rub off on others. For you can’t give what you don’t have.

michelle

Collaboration of Michelle Fordah

This entry was posted in Holy Spirit, Relationship with God and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Keep Spraying

1. Sydney says:

Pastor this message really blessed me today and opened my spiritual eyes to critical analyse the kind of perfume i’ve been presenting to God.And what GOD requires or is expecting of me. In fact this campaign it’s been Revelation since day one and I am growing strength to strength!!! It’s ALL or nothing….. No middle ground (total surrender)

2. Beatrice says:

Very strong, Pastor and Assistant Michelle we can only give what we have and as a woman this analogy has made me to realise even more than ever How essentially it is to live a life continuously seeking the Holy Spirit and keeping the union with Him fresh. Thank you for the message.

3. carla goncalves says:

Hi pastor and assistant Michele .
    Its realy true this I have learnt so much in this week with this woman …
    I want have in me the fragance that please God !

4. Diana says:

Hi Yes that is true that is why it is Import to take part in the fast of Daniel. To find the Holy Spirit

5. Ruth Njeme says:

Hello Pastor Elijah and Michelle!
    This is a good illustration on how the Holy Spirit has to be handled. Any true child of God must bear in mind that the Holy Spirit is the most important treasure that one should have.No one in his or her right mind would allow what he or she treasures to slip through their grip and go away, because what one treasures is valuable.The Holy Spirit is therefore, valuable to a true child of God and as such he has to be nurtured daily so that he stays permanently in the individual. Thus shunning evil, reading and meditating on the word of God,being in the spirit of prayer, just to name this few,are ways of nurturing the Holy Spirit. Hence KEEP SPRAYING.
    God Bless.
    In Faith
    Ruth Najeme.
    Oxford.

6. Virginia says:

Very true. Funny enough when we don’t have our own perfume (maybe we forgot), we want to use other peoples. This also happens spiritually as someone who doesn’t have the Holy Spirit, they are always speaking or close to, to someone that does have, so that they can have the same thing. BUT (and it’s a big BUT) this person can’t always be borrowing the perfume, there will be a point when the other person will say “hey, it’s about time you get your own” (not in a rude way, but in a truthful way).
    Very inspiring

Thanks Pr and Assistant Michelle

7. Judith Dhossa says:

A very well done to you Miss Michelle. Very inspiring.

8. Tash says:

I have learnt that I need to make sure that I’m always Seeking to renew myself, So the holy spirit will not dry out, but to be a constant sweet smell of perfume for God.

9. Gilliana Baptiste says:

Thank you for sharing, it did renew and help me this morning.

10. Vanessa Mendes says:

Thank you for sharing Pastor is indeed strong
    Because I would never leave my house without my perfome or at least without spraying myself.

But this made me think is it that I do the same with the spirit of God….
    Yes on the outside I want smell nice but much more I want to smell nice through my inner beauty and bring people near me, to led them the way to the one who is constantly spraying and shinning through me which is the Spirit of God.

God bless