Is The Rooster Crowing?

Rooster crows

We can see that Apostle Peter, wanted to follow Jesus, that’s why he asked where He was going!…However for his surprise, he heard something that was unexpected!… “You can’t follow me!..”

Many are those who want to follow Jesus, obey and please Him. They even say with their mouths:My Lord, my Father, my life is yours…Peter said the same:”I’lay down my life for you!”

When Peter said that, was he lying? I don’t believe so. The truth is that in the “H” moment, meaning, where he had to stand for his faith and for the Lord, he couldn’t!…He wasn’t that strong after all. His faith was emotional, and fear kicked in, so that he denied Jesus three times!..

He lacked the Holy Spirit.

The Holy Spirit, makes us strong, bold, courageous, unemotional, with a supernatural faith!...Perhaps you are sincere in your faith, you want to please God, but when the temptation comes, your flesh prevails and you end up giving in to your own desires and cravings.

That’s why we are in this Fast of 40 days, to be renewed by the Holy Spirit ( Those who have it already), to have an encounter with God and to be baptised in the Holy Spirit (Those who still don’t have it).

Many have been denying Jesus with their actions, behaviour and character, even though they say the opposite.

Make no mistake!…Without the Holy Spirit, the rooster will crow for you!.

John 13

(The Message)

36 Simon Peter asked, “Master, just where are you going?”

Jesus answered, “You can’t now follow me where I’m going. You will follow later.”

37 “Master,” said Peter, “why can’t I follow now? I’ll lay down my life for you!”

38 “Really? You’ll lay down your life for me? The truth is that before the rooster crows, you’ll deny me three times.”

This entry was posted in Fast, Holy Spirit and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Is The Rooster Crowing?

1. Michelle says:

This is very strong Pastor. Peter didn’t mean to deny Jesus, he just got scared, despite how many times he said he would follow Him. This is true. We need the Holy Spirit so that we don’t crumble in the heat of the moment. He makes us strong no matter where we are or what comes against us.

Michelle, that’s the word!…Crumble in the heat of the moment…..That’s what whappens when one hasn’t got the Holy Spirit.

Thanks for your comment. I will be posting a message every day, hope you ar inspired. Share and tell others about it.

God bless you.

2. Karema Henderson says:

Thank you for sharing pastor this is the moment for us to have our time with God conected our mind to hear is voice, we need the Holy Spirit to guide us because we will face trails and tribulation in order to keep our faith we need the Holy Spirit.

3. Serena Loderick says:

Yes this is very True Pr,

Without the Holy Spirit your flesh will always be stronger and Impedes many from moving forwards in their Spiritual life .
    This is where sacrifice come in the flesh has to be denied so that there is room for the Holy Spirit God himself to enter I to the persons life so that they can walk according to the ways of God and not their own.

The 40days is the perfect opportunity for this as just a starting point for a NEW beginning for those to receive the Holy Spirit and for those who already have to receive New revelations from God.

In Faith

4. Joy Dabula says:

Without the Helper, we cannot make it until the end. The only problem is the Holy Spirit is not an intruder. He comes in when He is invited.
    We have a great opportunity in the 40 day fast to dedicate ourselves and seek with our all and He’ll surely come as He promised.

5. Nuria Benza says:

After reading that, I have realised that if I do not seek more of Gods presence, sooner or later I will deny him even in the little things. Thanks for sharing that message pastor

6. Avela says:

Thank you for sharing pr, as I read this it made me think about how life is and our personal daily battles, sometimes we tend to ignore what God is trying to tell us and do our own will not knowing until the (rooster crows) meaning the problems arise because we simply didn’t listen. This made me realise that I need the Holy Spirit, I need his guidance and direction or else I will stumble and regret the decisions that I made.
    During this fast of 40 days I am willing to push and go beyond what I can do in order to receive the presence of God! I will fight till the very last day.

7. Nicole Takavarasha says:

I’ve always read that part of the bible but never understood it in this way before
    It’s true, but at the same time just because we have the Holy Spirit it doesn’t mean that the devil wont come and try to temp us, in fact he does everyday. But those who are born of God say no. If you say yes and give in, that’s you denying Jesus. This 21 days is to renew us and make us stronger. By the end of this! I’ll be stronger than I’ve ever been before because I’ll grow closer to God