Shaking Hands With Whom?

Link with Devil

In the 40 day Fast of Jesus, the devil temped him. Jesus kept on rebuking him, until he would come back to “Attack” again!..

Let’s meditate on the following:

John 14-29-31

( The Message)

“(…) I’ll not be talking with you much more like this because the chief of this godless world is about to attack. But don’t worry—he has nothing on me, no claim on me.

Can we say the same?   Has the devil something on us? Any Claim? Are we doing something that is displeasing God? Any link with the things of this world?

We need to scrutinise our life, actions, intentions, behaviour and see if there’s a link with what isn’t Godly. Once you find it out, removed it, cut it off. Jesus was carrying out the Father’s instruction to the detail.

Not that we will be perfect, but are those little “Details” that make the difference isn’t it?

“But so the world might know how thoroughly I love the Father, I am carrying out my Father’s instructions right down to the last detail.”

Can you help me out and post here some of those details that can make a diference in our relationship with God?

This entry was posted in Fast and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Shaking Hands With Whom?

1. Judith says:

“he has nothing on me, no claim on me”, this sentence truly stand out for me. as a Christian we should be able to use this sentence with assuranrance and boldness with No doubt at all.

Hi Judith. Our clean conscience is what enables our faith to work. Let’s make in this fast of Jesus that “Scan” to those little details.

God bless you.

2. Serena Loderick says:

Self evaluation daily is the key to see who you are walking with.
    We cannot afford to leave any space ,doubts etc
    The devil is patient and will wait as long as it takes to seize the opportunity to shake our hands because that’s all be is waiting for.

We need to rebuke the temptations that the devil uses the world to bring our way and have no reason for him to have ANY alliance with him.

Obedience to God and his instructions will enables us to always be watchful daily keeping which in turn results in a clean conscience which is vital to have a relationship with God.

3. This message is a eye opening.
    “he has nothing on me, no claim on me”
    It is very important that we have a clear conscious every single day, so de devil wil not have no claim on us.
    “I am carrying out my Father’s instructions right down to the last details.”
    We have to live in constant sacrifice by denying our own will every single day, be Obedient, Faithfull, Humble and not just a good listener but a doer, because that is what will make us keep and carry out Our Father’s instructions.

4. Romario Hines-McLeod says:

I understood that I need to make sure that I am close with God and that I never have anything to do with the devil otherwise I will not be saved because of that one detail which ruined my life. I see this as a kind of “watch an pray”. I need to watch all the things that I am doing and pray to God to cut these things away from me.

5. Tash says:

The little things do make a huge impact on our faith such as thoughts, how we react when facing different situations, who we are away from people of the same faith, our communion with God…

we have to always examine ourselves and think who I’m I pleasing my flesh or God constantly everyday.

6. Shaunte says:

If you are interested in topic: earn extra income online part-time work – you should read about
    Bucksflooder first