Let It Go!..

Holy Spirit

Something really caught my attention when I was meditating in this verse: It’s a hint for those who want to be baptised with the Holy Spirit and renewed by God’s presence.

Give a glance to below verse:

John 16:7

“7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.”

For the Holy Spirit to come, the Helper, Jesus in flesh had to go away.

That’s the link!..If we remain in the flesh, meaning, doing our will, desires and cravings, the Holy Spirit can’t come upon us. When one gives up on his fleshly desires and worldly ways, then the Holy Spirit has space to come and make His dwelling place inside of us.

The aim of this Fast is exactly to let go…Let go of all the fleshly things…Let them go away, so the Spirit of God can come.

Question to think: What do I have to let go!…

This entry was posted in Fast, Holy Spirit and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Let It Go!..

1. Jodian falcher says:

Thank you pastor, I never thought of this verse in this way before.

2. Richard says:

Sometimes a person may not realise somthing is an obsticles for the holy spirit to come, but its when you see risistance there, do you know that its an obstacle,
    The disciples didnt want jesus in the flesh to Go, because they felt they were loosing,
    But like Jesus said It is to your advantage that I go away, other wise the helper would not come.
    So for this case letting Go is to gain.

3. Vivian says:

Dear Pastor

Thank you for the message, I have been thinking of this Subject in the last couple of days, Because of the Example that Jesus himself left for us at the Garden of Getsemani where He had to Deny His own Desire to do the will of his Father… and the expression that it is a hard thing was that Jesus himself sweated Blood (my imagination can only bring me the Image of the effort that Jesus had to do to the point of Blood…)

For the Holy Spirit to come there has to be an effort to get ride of the small things that no one can see but He can.

God bless

4. Serena Loderick says:

Thanks Pr ,

To receive the Holy Spirit ALL fleshly desires have to be let go of.

She I was reading the word separation came to mind . When we want something you will do anything to get it so if that means not engaging in something that is not good for you you will not do it.

It’s the same for the Holy Spirit in order to receive as you said you need to Let Go and also separate yourself for the things of this world which the flesh can only be alive for when you decide to engage In them.

When you separate your self you are not giving your flesh any opportunity for these things.
    For this daily sacrifice is needed because the HolySpirit is always searching for a place to live.

5. Tash says:

Thanks Pastor for sharing, what I also understood is that ,We are constantly surrounded with things of the flesh,this world is made of it.

So it makes it very difficult to even notice your doing own will, because its the norm of this world
    That’s why its so important to have relationship with God so He can reveal these things to us that we might find hard to see ourselves .

6. Karema Henderson says:

Thank you for sharing pastor, that is so true the flesh and the spirit are the opposite of each other if we live by our flesh we will never received the Holy Spirit, but if we want the Holy Spirit and know this is very important we let go off the things that impeded us from the Holy Spirit. There is always something in our life to change and that’s why whenever we make a pray we can’t be religous we need to be sincerely and ask God what we need to change and do exactly what He told us to do.

7. simonese joseph says:

There is always something in us that we need to change but for us to change we have to acknowledge what we need to change, and be sincere and ask God help us.

8. Ruth Najeme. says:

Dear Pr,
    Thanks very much for your break-down of Jn 16:7.The Lord Jesus Christ being here on earth in flesh and blood, seeing how the world was and where it was heading to,he strived to lust for the things of the spirit and did away with his flesh. No doubt after his forty days and forty nights of fasting, when the tempter came to tempt him he resisted because he was fully in the spirit so his flesh couldn’t prevail to allow him to be a victim to the tempter,(The devil).In Jn 17:14, the Lord Jesus says to the father,”I have given them your word; and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world.” Being visible to his followers was for a short while, so he had to go to the father, then be sent as the helper( The holy spirit ) to dwell in the lives of those who let go of their fleshly desires and all what this world is offering.
    In faith,
    Ruth
    Oxford.

9. Vanessa Mendes says:

Thank you for sharing with us Pastor…

If we don’t neglect our flesh the Helper will never come, because there’s never the williness to surrender.
    Manytimes we try to conquer and overcome things by our own strengh but only with the Spirit of God we are able to overcome and remain and that can only happen through the Helper whom comes to give us guidess and direction through everything we do.

God bless you and I love forward for more posts because is been helpful.